Some facts about new homeowners:
- Spend more in the first 60 days than an established homeowner will spend in the next two years
- Are eager to purchase new services, such as landscaping and other home improvements both interior and exterior
- Are more likely to buy home dĂ©cor, furnishings, and appliances – over 75% of new homeowners will make a furniture purchase as a result of the move
- Need personal services, including doctors, dentists and other professionals soon after they move
- Need a new bank, supermarket and nearby restaurants and take-out meals for their day-to-day lives
- Are more likely to buy home improvement goods – tool and electronic sales climb right after the move
- Make other major purchases – 62% of new movers buy a new car within the first year after relocation
Discover who they are, what they are buying, and the buying triggers of the Affluent
The mass affluent represent the wealthiest, most sought-after demographics in all of marketing. This was true when the economy was booming, but itâ€™s even more true now as the middle class shrinks and the mass affluent segment emerges as the least affected by price, making them even more desirable than ever.
Begin with the fact that the majority own one and often two homes. This means they travel, buy furniture, yard and patio goods, and remodel their bathrooms and kitchens.
They are also a ready audience for advertisers, who use targeted direct marketing mailed directly into their homes which is aimed squarely at their interests and desires, from fine dining, entertainment and travel to charitable giving.
And of course, by definition, they have money to spend. But the affect of the Great Recession has created a different mindset regarding value, and changed their purchasing behaviors.
Advertisers who wish to reach this lucrative market can buy space in our upscale postcard decks and choose which markets to distribute to. The RSVP team can help develop a postcard that is tailored to this affluent market, and advise on the most effective marketing message to maximize your results.